';function Lazy(){if(LazyAdsense){LazyAdsense = false;var Adsensecode = document.createElement('script');Adsensecode.src = AdsenseUrl;Adsensecode.async = true;Adsensecode.crossOrigin = 'anonymous';document.head.appendChild(Adsensecode)}}

Shiba Inu Coin (SHIB) Facts

 Discover fascinating Shiba Inu Coin facts! Created in 2020 as a Dogecoin Killer on the Ethereum blockchain. Learn about its unique burn mechanism.

Shiba Inu Coin facts


Creation: Shiba Inu Coin Shiba Inu Coin was created in August 2020 by an anonymous person or group known as "Ryoshi."


Nickname: Often referred to as the "Dogecoin Killer," it was designed to be a direct competitor to Dogecoin (DOGE).

Technical Details

Blockchain: SHIB operates on the Ethereum blockchain as an ERC-20 token.

Total Supply: The initial total supply was set to 1 quadrillion (1,000,000,000,000,000) tokens.

Burn Mechanism: A significant portion of the supply was sent to Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin, who subsequently burned (destroyed) 90% of it and donated the remaining 10% to charity.


ShibaSwap: A decentralized exchange (DEX) that allows users to trade SHIB and other tokens, stake their holdings, and earn rewards.

Leash (LEASH): Another token in the Shiba Inu ecosystem, originally intended to be a rebase token but later turned into a store of value with a limited supply of 107,646 tokens.

Bone (BONE): A governance token with a supply of 250,000,000 tokens, allowing holders to vote on proposals in the Shiba Inu ecosystem.

Community and Popularity

Community-Driven: The Shiba Inu community, known as the "ShibArmy," plays a significant role in the coin’s development and promotion.

Social Media Presence: SHIB has a strong presence on platforms like Twitter, Reddit, and Telegram, where enthusiasts and investors discuss developments and share news.

Celebrity Endorsements: The coin has seen endorsements and mentions from various celebrities and influencers, which has helped boost its popularity.

Market Performance

Volatility: SHIB is known for its high volatility, with significant price swings influenced by market sentiment, social media trends, and broader cryptocurrency market movements.

Exchanges: SHIB is listed on numerous major exchanges, including Binance, Coinbase, and Kraken, which has increased its accessibility to a wider audience.

Criticisms and Concerns

Speculative Nature: Critics argue that SHIB is highly speculative and lacks intrinsic value, cautioning investors about the potential for significant losses.

Regulatory Risks: Like many cryptocurrencies, SHIB faces potential regulatory scrutiny, which could impact its future.

Recent Developments

Shibarium: A Layer 2 solution aimed at reducing transaction fees and increasing the scalability of the Shiba Inu ecosystem.

Partnerships and Integrations: The Shiba Inu team has been working on various partnerships and integrations to expand the use cases of SHIB in different sectors, such as gaming and NFTs.

Font Size
lines height